Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Crochet complete!


Finally this mammoth crochet blanket is complete. I started it in December 2010, thinking it would take 2 years, but it has ended up taking about three and a half years to complete.
I guess this isn't too bad considering there are 300 squares in the blanket (15 x 20 squares). The crappiest part by far was weaving in and trimming the ends. I've worked out there are about 2,480 ends that have been woven in one by one. Ugh! Seriously, the crappest and most tedious job ever!

Thankfully it is done now and I love it. I love the colours and the look. I love the warmth from the wool and I love that I am able to hog it for myself on the lounge - the kids can't touch it yet.

Perfect for the chilly weather we've been getting

Details on Ravelry here

12 comments:

  1. Its beautiful. I so need to learn to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love, love, love the colours bordered with white. Glad you are enjoying it with that much work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I was given a crochet hook and book a few months ago when I left Australia. This makes me want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love a crocheted blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's beautiful, the colours look amazing in the photos so am sure they look more amazing in real life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on finishing your blanket. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this Christy! I have been waiting to see the finished product after all your teasers over the years and it does not fail to wow. I adore the colours you picked and it just looks perfect in every way

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when you started that crochet blanket. YAY for the finish. Totally worth all that effort. It is gorgeous. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! It's a wee bit embarrassing how long it took!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A-MAZ-ING - so jealous of your ace crochet skills! Just what the couch needs this winter too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)