Thursday, July 17, 2014

The last New Look 6145

This will be my last New Look 6145 for a while. I think this is the fifth time I've used this pattern. Gosh I love the simplicity of this shape. It is a little boring, but it is so wearable.
For this version I used a stable charcoal and black spot double knit that I picked up for a steal from Pitt Trading during their recent sale. Only $5 for a odd shaped piece just over a  meter long.

The pattern came together easily. I tried not to get too hung up on pattern placement, choosing to try to keep things even and on grain, but not centered.
To maintain shaping without distorting the spots, I added to darts along the back.

I really like this dress. It's perfect for work, even though I haven't worn it yet. I'm still locked out of my sewing room, so am almost exclusively wearing knit garments while I don't have an iron.

Cost:
Pattern: New Look 6145, used before = Free
Fabric: 1m double knit from Pitt Trading = $5
Thread from stash
Total: $5!! About time I made a truly cost effective garment!

10 comments:

  1. It looks great, I do love a good spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should rename the pattern Little Betty 6145 as you own it! Love this spotty version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - and what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great on you and no one knows but us knows that it is one of a number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great outfit Christy. I have some jumbo sized polka dot ponti that I've been looking for a pattern that wouldn't disturb the print too much, and this could be it. All your versions of this are so different looking, you surely can't be sick of it yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not at all boring, They look fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually holding back on making another ponte top with this pattern. They are just so easy to wear. It almost feels criminal how easy they are to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grrr another great knit fabric purchase, I was only there a few weeks ago bummed I missed seeing ths fabric. Such a great dress for work, no last minute ironing. Fantastic make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fantastic on you. I can see why you have made so many things from this pattern. I'm going to have to get the tips on where to prchase fabric from. We are Sydney bound next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them, but don't always have the time to respond. Please email me if you have a pressing question :)